With more than 35 years of vast experience in both the public and private sectors, Chuck Lesnick has established himself as a champion for economic development in Yonkers and the New York City metropolitan area. As a member of MarksDiPalermo, Chuck focuses on real estate law, property management, Federal Opportunity Zones, historic tax benefits, and programs to encourage the adaptive reuse of older buildings.
Over the course of his career, Chuck has worked with New York Governors Mario and Andrew Cuomo, Congresswoman Nita Lowey, the City of Yonkers, and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. He retired from NYS government as Deputy Counsel & Assistant Commissioner for Homes & Community Renewal. In the private sector, he has held executive positions at several property management and affordable housing development corporations, in addition to starting several successful Qualified Opportunity Zone Funds and Businesses in New York, New Jersey, and Florida.
A passionate community member and leader, Chuck served as City Council President for Yonkers, which is New York’s fourth-largest city with a population of 200,000 and an annual budget of more than $800 million. Chuck has also served as Director of Economic Development for the City of Yonkers, where he advocated for funding the waterfront redevelopment and restoration of the historic Yonkers Recreation Pier, and as President of the Westchester Municipal Officials Association, where he assisted in the examination of tax assessment practices in 43 jurisdictions.
- State of New York (1986)
- Southern and Eastern District Courts for the State of New York
- Princeton University, M.P.A./U.R.P., Urban and Regional Planning, 1986
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Yale University, B.A. Economics and Political Science, 1981
Awards & Community Engagement
- Member, Yonkers Parks, Recreation & Conservation Board
- Treasurer & Counsel, Enslaved African Rain Garden
- Advisory Board Member of Mrs. Matilda Cuomo’s NYS Mentoring Program
- Immediate Past President, Federated Conservationists of Westchester
- Executive Committee Member, Strong Cities Alliance
- Founding Member, Local Progress
- NYS Chairman, Democratic Municipal Officials (and member of Alumni Board)
- Member, Real Estate & Housing Task Force of the Westchester County Association